The 2021 Hurst Show and Country Fayre is back!
Saturday 26th & Sunday 27th June - 11am to 5pm
The Hurst Show committee is pleased to confirm that the Show will go ahead next weekend (26th and 27th June) as planned!
We are very excited to be back to celebrate the wonderful things about Hurst, and this year will be using the amazing spaces we have in the village to bring you a fun and exciting show, with many of the usual star attractions making an appearance.
Entrance to the show is free, so donations towards our local good causes including Alexander Devine Children's Hospice and many Hurst groups would be very much appreciated. These can be made via our Just Giving page or to the donation boxes over the weekend.
A quick guide to the show is below - please check the Show website or social media channels for more info.
Programmes with essential event info and maps will be also available for purchase for £2 at Martineau Green and near the village halls.
After the difficult 18 months we have all had, we very much look forward to enjoying a wonderful, community weekend whilst raising much needed funds for our local good causes.
See you there for a wonderful family day out!
Here's a summary of all that's happening - please see our interactive map for further details of what you can find around the village.
- School Field
- Craft Stalls
- Animal Petting, pottery and painting from JAC
- Martineau Green - events including:
- Around The Village
- Community Orchard & Castle Hill
- Church Book Stall
- Family favourites including Guess the Crushed Car, Archery, Coconut Shy and Skittles
- Village Hall "Food Court"
- Licensed bar & BBQ
- Strawberries and cream and tea tent
As you can imagine, there's lots of work involved in putting this all on so we would love some help with setting up and taking down the show.
Thanks to all those who have offered help so far - we'd love a few more volunteers for the following days. Bar tokens are available by way of thanks!
If you are able to help and need any more info, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wed 23rd June - meet at village hall 18:30.
- Thurs 24th June - meet at village hall 18:30.
- Friday 25th June - meet at village hall ALL DAY from 10:00.
- Sunday 27th June - directly after the show finishes - 17:00, head to committee tent / village hall.
- Mon 28th June - meet at village hall 18:30.
Keeping Everyone Safe
To keep everyone safe as they move around the village, please note that there will be the following road access changes over the weekend (from 7am on Sat 26th June to 8am on Mon 28th June) - please see the map for more details.
- Closure of School Road (access to residents permitted) and a northbound one-way system on Church Hill (from Davis Street junction to Orchard Road junction).
- Access along Church Hill is advised for show parking and access to The Castle Inn and Hurst Bowls club. There will be no southbound access along Church Hill (from the Orchard Road junction).
- A northbound diversion route will continue along Lodge Road to Whistley Green and Broadwater Lane.
- The southbound diversion will go along Orchard Road and Sawpit Road on to Lodge Road.
Just a polite reminder to adhere to Covid guidelines whilst at the show; to retain social distancing, please wear masks when entering indoors, use hand sanitiser available around the site and if you don't feel well please go home immediately.
Hurst Show and Country Fayre Committee
Other news ...